Pharmaceutical Grade Soil
There are many types of soil and mixes to choose from for growing medical marijuana. When looking for a soil mix there are a few things to consider, sterilization, pH, drainage and nutrients.
Cannabis grows best in soil with a pH range of 6.5 to 7.0, an ideal spectrum for growing cannabis. Use the best soil you can get. If you use unsterilized soil you will almost certainly find parasites. You can find excellent soil for sale at your local plant shop or nursery. Soil alone however will not cut it and needs to be prepared. You can prepare your own soil, or there are premixes out there. The soil you use should have these properties for the best possible results:
- Sterile: Use good soil, free of parasites; spending a little extra goes a long way.
- Composition: Quality raw materials/quality compost (if any)
- Drainage: Have good drainage, meaning should have some sand or materials like sponge rock or pearlite.
- PH: PH should be between 6.5 and 7.5. Cannabis does not do well in acidic soil. High acidity in soil encourages the plant to be predominantly male, an undesirable trait.
- Nutrients: Soil should contain humus or material for retaining moisture and nutrients.
Hempland uses a proprietary soil mixture and technique, however, we are always open to experimentation and perfecting our techniques. There are also pre-made, pharmaceutical grade sterilized, nutrient rich soils out there you can try, like Atomic Bloomz, a chelated formula of Auxin’s, cytokines, brassinosteriods and triconinal growth hormone stack, along with supportive full line of b vitamins, micro-nutrients, iron, copper, boron, fulvic acid, silica, proteins and carbohydrates, designed for maximum flower/fruit and resin/oil production. While we try to control nutrients through our entire process, there are soils such as these that might work for someone who requires less maintenance. Check them out here: