Can Vaping Cannabis Help You Quit Smoking It?
Quitting anything you spend a lot of time doing can be a real challenge, so it’s great that there are so many helpful substitutes out there for common addictions and habits.
Vaping cannabis is known to be an effective substitute for smoking cannabis or cigarettes. There are rumors and whispers that this could be the case, so we’re going to take a look at what vaping can actually do for cannabis smokers.
What is vaping?
Vaping refers to the acts of inhaling and exhaling vapour through a vaporizer, which is commonly known as a vape or an e-cigarette.
Vaping is becoming an increasingly common activity around the world and you can buy all of the necessary equipment on the high street and even in online shops such as Cloudz Vapour.
The use of vapes is widespread and is frequently used as a way of quitting or reducing smoking cigarettes.
How vaping can affect you
- Vaping is an effective way of administering nicotine or THC instead of smoking it.
- People who vape using a liquid which contains nicotine may experience a nicotine rush (which feels like a head rush and can be pleasurable and relaxing) or the psychoactive effects of THC when vaporizing marijuana.
- Vaping eliminates the tar produced by tobacco and marijuana providing health advantages of avoiding the inhalation of thousands of chemicals, hundreds of which are toxic or carcinogenic
How smoking vs vaping cannabis can affect you
- Vaping cannabis is more discreet that smoking it, eliminating the smell as negative reaction often seen in public
- Vaporization’s the clear winner in the health department; in essence, vaporization gives you all the good stuff and very little of the bad
- Vaporization does not actually burn plant material, which gives a clean flavor, free from the harsh and woody finish you get with smoking
- The effects of vaping cannabis don’t last quite as long, trailing off more quickly than the same amount of smoked cannabis
- The high between smoking and vaping cannabis is different; as with difference strains, the experience felt between vaporizer, pipe or bong can be different between people; some may feel a head high, where others more a body high
Can vaping cannabis help you to quit smoking it?
Although there is no easy answer to this question, it is a matter or preference; there may be some ways in which vaping cannabis can help you to stop smoking cannabis, but they haven’t yet been proven.
As we can see above, the effects of vaping and the effects of smoking cannabis differ hugely, so it may be misguided to use vaping cannabis as a replacement to replicate the effects of smoking cannabis. As mentioned, it is a matter of preference depending on the high you are trying to feel or if you are trying to be discreet
Vaping cannabis can give you a burning sensation in the back of your throat and the deep inhalations and exhalations are really similar to what you would do when smoking cannabis. If you’d like to quit smoking cannabis but still use the drug in a different way, vaping is a fantastic option. It’s relatively simple to use cannabis through a vape and a massive benefit of doing so is that the smell is more discreet than smoking so you’re less likely to draw attention to yourself if you do it in public and it’s much better for your health.
For more information on cannabis, its effects, its risks, and how it interacts with the law, this website is really useful.